Welcome to a new paradigm
Welcome to a new paradigm of contemporary dance.
It is time for contemporary dance in Singapore to embrace a new form; the dance battle.
It is time to remember why we dance. To remember what moves us. To relive the moments when we were first inspired to point our feet or spin on our heads, or fly through the air in a grand jeté or backflip.
Because it’s fun. And exciting. And cool. It could be because our friends do it, and we want to do it better than them. Or simply because it feels great to move to the impulses of music.
Paradigm Shift is about reconnecting contemporary dance to these reasons for moving. Come to show-off; come to enjoy the music; come to have fun and fool around; come to share your dance in conversation with another person. One will walk away from each battle the winner, but both walk away a little bit richer, having challenged, given, received, experienced and learned.
So come, join us in this new Paradigm. #ParadigmShift17
(registration opens at 4pm)
– The format of this battle is 1 v 1.
– To register as a participant, leave a comment below with your preferred name/nickname and age.
– All dancers, regardless of dance background or level of experience, will be allowed to participate. This includes professional, full-time dancers and dance instructors.
– Participants under the age of 16 will be required to have their parents sign a consent form for them in order to participate.
– The first two rounds will be crowd-judged based on the loudest cheer, so bring your friends!
– You may reserve places in the audience by emailing [email protected] Alternatively, you can simply turn up on the day itself. (max. audience capacity 250)
– Payment will be taken at the door. (CASH ONLY)
– Details of our guest judges and DJ will be released soon.
1st: S$200 Friends of Frontier membership
Runner-up: S$100 Friends of Frontier membership
…as well as more goodies for the top 8!
(Saturday) 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Goodman Arts Centre