Montage is an annual series
Montage is an annual series of photographic events organized by NUSPS which comprises of seminars, workshops, a competition, and an exhibition. As the flagship event of NUSPS, Montage has been an excellent platform to rally photography enthusiasts, both young and old, to showcase individual talent and to further nurture and develop their interest in photography.
The theme for Montage 2017 will be TRANSFORMATION. The event will be broken down into 3 distinct categories in relation to the theme proposed:
• Transform your Vision
• Transform your Art
• Transform your Passion
Change is the only constant. Our volatile, unpredictable and chaotic world is marked by change, good and bad, that shape our lives. Our theme, Transformation, encapsulates the tendency, desire and determination humanity possesses: to take control, and to enhance and perfect our lives, our relationships and our art.
Montage 2017 comprises of an array of events, as seen below:
– Competition: The Photography Competition will provide young and budding photographers in Singapore a platform to showcase their photographic works and talent, and allow them to explore different interpretations of the theme “Transformation” and express their creativity through photographs. Submissions will be judged based on the display of photography skill and finesse displayed in telling their stories.
** The competition is open from now till 28th May 2017! Participants who wish to sign up can refer to our official website for more details: http://2017.montage.sg/
– Exhibition: The winning entries for Montage 2017 competition will be featured alongside the works of distinguished Singapore photographers at the Exhibition. Canon products will also be put up and visitors will have the opportunity to try out the new products in the interactive area allocated. Held at Woodlands Regional Library from 8th to 11th June 2017.
– Workshops: For photographers who are interested in learning new skills, we would highly recommend you to come down for our workshops! There will be two workshops being conducted, namely the Food Photography workshop and Outdoor Portraiture workshop. During these workshops, participants will get to learn about the different techniques and requirements for different types of photography through hands-on experience while receiving feedback and advice from the instructor. Held on 9th and 10th June 2017.
– Seminar: There will be a seminar held by the panel of judges for the Montage Competition who will share about their personal experiences on the field and provide advice for people who are interested in pursuing photography as a career or wish to improve their photography skills. After the individual sharing session, there will be a dialogue session between the panel and the floor. Held at *SCAPE on 11th June 2017.
– Critique session: Participants who want to attend our critique session will have the opportunity to gain constructive feedback on their submitted photographs from professional photographers during this session so that they may improve and transform their photographic artworks in the future. Participants are expected to prepare a series of 3-5 photos with a story or theme. This section targets the more experienced photographers who are curious to explore the niche and in-depth aspects of photography, and as such, the number of participants will be limited. Held at *SCAPE on 9th June 2017.
– Architecture Photowalk: For photography enthusiasts who are looking forward to spend a day exploring different parts of Singapore in a photowalk, this is the event you are looking for! The Architecture Photowalk will take you to places of renowned architecture, where the host will first explain their in-sights on the topic. Following this, the participants will get the opportunity to learn and practice their skills hands-on during the Photowalk as they take pictures of the architectural sights. Held at various locations on 10th June 2017. Meeting place will be updated on our website.
*For more information, please visit our website. You are advised to check our website for updated information closer to the date of the events.
june 8 (Thursday) - 11 (Sunday)
Woodlands Regional Library, Programme Zone
900 South Woodlands Drive, Woodlands Civic Centre, #01-03 Singapore 730900