Centre 42 is presenting two magical nights of free textual adventures and performances, as Late-Night Texting returns as part of the Singapore Night Festival. Following the success of the inaugural edition in 2016, which was attended by over 3,000 people, Late-Night Texting will be held on 25 & 26 August 2017 this year.
A line-up of over 30 performances from seven groups will keep visitors enthralled from 6pm all the way to 11pm on both nights. It’s a great opportunity to sample a wide array of text-based performances under one roof!
Here’s what visitors can look forward to:
– Discover new works by up-and-coming playwrights, presented by Dark Matter Theatrics
– Be captivated by nine-minute plays by Malay and English playwright collective Main Tulis Group
– Receive a customised, typewritten poem by the Proletariat Poetry Factory
– Listen to strange but true stories by members of Telling Stories Live
– Feel the rhythm with spoken-word poets from destination: INK
– Laugh out loud with the gang from improv comedy group The Latecomers
– #buysinglit and hear from authors Tania de Rozario and Daryl Yam at a reading organised by BooksActually
– Keep your belly happy with food and drinks from Coffee Bandits