Art Day Out! - a
Art Day Out! – a Gillman Barracks Saturday open house – returns on 23 June for a special School Holidays Edition! Families can look forward to a variety of engaging art activities for visitors of all ages, spanning family-friendly programmes, new outdoor artworks, exhibition openings and more.
Join the fun at Singapore’s visual arts precinct, with event highlights such as:
1. Family-friendly exhibitions and programmes:
– EYE-POP!, a specially commissioned exhibition for children, teens and adults, featuring works by Queensland-based artist Yeah Yeah Chloe. Curated by local outfit EYEYAH! – a platform that uses art and design to teach children about social issues – this interactive exhibition will engage visitors about the world we live in through thought-provoking works and activities;
– Making Sense, a hands-on workshop for children and teens organised by NTU Centre for Contemporary Art (CCA) Singapore and led by Singapore artist and illustrator Tan Zi Xi (MessyMsxi);
– Creative Collaboration at Art Outreach, an interactive art-making activity where participants of all ages are invited to join artist Merryn Trevethan in creating artworks that explore colour, movement and mark-making.
2. New outdoor artworks, exhibitions and open artist studios:
– Launch of specially commissioned outdoor artworks by leading regional artists Albert Yonathan Setyawan and Richard Streitmatter-Tran, as part of the DISINI visual arts festival;
– Launch of LANGKAWI (1976 – 1980), an exhibition of works by acclaimed Malaysian artist Latiff Mohidin presented as part of DISINI;
– New DISINI exhibitions, The Deepest Blue and Head spinning, loop creating, by young Singapore-based curators;
– Wallpaper* Handmade On Tour 2018, an exhibition dedicated to the marriage of craftsmanship and design which features works by international and Singapore-based creatives;
– Residencies: Open by NTU CCA Singapore, where visitors will get the rare chance to explore the studios and view works-in-progress by its Artists-in-Residence such as Adrian Balseca (Ecuador), Viet Le (Vietnam/United States), Lim Sokchanlina (Cambodia), Luca Lum (Singapore), Phyoe Kyi (Myanmar), Zai Tang (United Kingdom/Singapore), and Susie Wong (Singapore);
– The launch of Shop at Mizuma, Mizuma Gallery’s permanent retail space where visitors can bring a piece of their art experience home;
– Supermama’s Garage Sale and
– MASH-UP & Friends Day Out, a pop-up shop at the DISINI pavilion, Nenas Estate, by independent fashion collective MASH-UP featuring design merchandise by California Rollin’, cool Singapore-designed fashion by Playhood and delicious snacks from Sawadeecup.
Visitors can also enjoy precinct-wide activities including new F&B offerings and free guided docent tours by Friends of the Museum – the perfect itinerary for a Saturday outing to Gillman Barracks.
For updates and details on Art Day Out! x The School Holidays Edition 2018, please visit our Facebook page: bit.ly/ADOSchHols2018
(Saturday) 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
6 Lock Road Singapore 108934